A Traveler Amongst You

Word on the street is that a particular Ramones fan with a taste for world cuisine is in the Philippines right now (as in right this instant). I just received an email from Paoix over at One Filipino Dish A Week that alerted me to this little tidbit:

Bourdain in the Philippines

That’s right, Anthony Bourdain is in the Philippines (at long last) filming an episode of “No Reservations.” So to all the peeps in the ‘Peens who didn’t already know, keep an eye out for him. And tell a friend.

He walks amongst you.

• Manggy October 24, 2008, 9:37 pm

That is exciting news. I can’t wait to see it.
    Then again, my eyes still haven’t recovered from the massive rolling they did when he was raving over the strangeness of freaking bubble tea. It’s tapioca in milk tea!!! With a giant straw!!!

• caninecologne October 24, 2008, 10:01 pm

hell yeah! it’s about time!!! let’s hope he doesn’t eat mangrove worms like that fat, bald guy zimmern! you know he’s going to love lechon kawali. :)

• ahnjel October 24, 2008, 10:02 pm

waaaaaahhh~~ finally! that old dude of a man that i so love and adore has set foot in the islands… phew… i thought augusto was going to win at that time, i really did!

• rita October 25, 2008, 7:03 am

that’s great! he’s one of the awesome chefs. we miss his shows. they don’t show it here in deutschland. really suck!

• Fearless Kitchen October 25, 2008, 9:00 am

I had no idea that he was a Ramones fan.

• Mila October 25, 2008, 9:40 am

He’s been in town since Thursday, has a full schedule from the little we know (Pampanga, Cebu, Manila, hosted by several food experts and chefs). The filipino-american guy who was a runner up in the video contest is going to take him around as well. It could have been you Marvin!!!

• greasemonkey October 26, 2008, 5:22 am

hehehe.. i (virtually) passed out on market manila’s blog when i read about this.. i’ve been trawling malate and makati harder than a 20 year old 6 foot tisay streetwalker hoping to bump into em but, no dice.. sigh.

• veron October 26, 2008, 1:38 pm

Finally! Can’t wait for that episode. Can you post it here when it is about to air since I don’t follow tv schedules all that well!

• isi October 26, 2008, 4:39 pm

how cool! bourdain fan!
    :) thansk for sharing!

• joey October 26, 2008, 7:47 pm

I know! It’s true!!! I’m so happy he has come over :) I have been saying “let him love us” novenas since I heard :)
    Mila, will we fill Marvin in on the gory details? Hehehe :)

• Katrina October 27, 2008, 1:31 am

Well, one thing we know, he does like the beer! The few pictures I’ve seen online before they’re taken down (Apparently, the show’s camp is very assiduous in hunting down the bloggers who’ve posted about his ongoing trip.) almost always how him with either a SMB Pale Pilsen or San Mig Light in his hand. 😀
    Joey, I’ve told the “gory details” so many times that I’m sounding quite rabid already. And each report of someone else meeting him is making me even more frustrated!

• Burnt Lumpia October 27, 2008, 8:28 am

Hi Manggy, I guess I missed that episode of bubble tea. Where was he exactly?
    Hey there caninecologne! I’m sure Bourdain will do the Philippines justice in his food selection. The intel I’m getting so far is very promising;)
    Hi Ahnjel, word on the street is that Augusto will actually be in this episode as well, so he really did end up winning.
    No Bourdain in Germany, rita?!! That does suck!
    Apparently he’s a huge fan, Fearless Kitchen. He even dedicated his book, Nasty Bits, to the Ramones.
    Yeah, it could have been me, Mila, but Augusto’s video (and many others) were much much better than mine;) And thanks for sharing the inside info with me:)
    LOL greasemonkey! A 6 foot tisay streetwalker! You are indeed trying hard! ;P
    I will be sure to post about the episode, veron.
    Thanks for visiting my blog, isi.
    Hi Joey and Katrina! Mila filled me in on the details of your roadtrip. I’m so jealous of you girls and your gallivanting!

• Julie October 27, 2008, 1:19 pm

Hooray, I can’t wait for the episode! I’m sure we’ll see some balut. The guy is everywhere. I just “saw him” over at Robyn’s blog–she caught him hanging out with David Chang at Momofuku Ssam Bar!

• Burnt Lumpia October 29, 2008, 2:39 pm

Hi Julie. If there’s one restaurant I’d like to try, it’s any one of the Momofukus in NY.

• Lori Lynn October 29, 2008, 5:29 pm

I love that guy. He is so bad. I crack up watching him when he has a hangover. You know that game where you are asked, if you could party with anyone who would it be? Mr. Bourdain on the short list.

• greasemonkey October 30, 2008, 5:28 am

lol. i know. sometimes i try too hard that i completely forget what the point is.. sad AND true..

• Burnt Lumpia November 3, 2008, 4:05 pm

He’s on my short list too, Lori Lynn.
    I’m sure there’s a point to it all, greasemonkey;)