Filipino Food Bloggers Featured on “Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho”

Burntlumpia_jessica_soho

Last Saturday, four Filipino food bloggers were featured on the “Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho” television show on the GMA network in the Philippines.

Along with MarketMan of Market Manila, Anton Diaz of Our Awesome Planet, and Lori Baltazar of Dessert Comes First, I was lucky enough to be one of the featured bloggers on the program.

Because of the time difference between Manila and the Burnt Lumpia Worldwide Headquarters in SoCal, I was asked to simply film myself cooking something for my blog in lieu of an actual interview with host Jessica Soho.

I gladly obliged to this request and decided to cook something that I thought would catch Pinoy viewers off guard: Bell Pepper Adobo (egads man, an adobo of vegetables?!!)!

Yup. Bell Pepper Adobo.

Of course, much of the footage I filmed was left out of the final show, so my Bell Pepper Adobo recipe will have to wait for another post (or perhaps another medium altogether…) for another time.

I am happy to say that despite much of my own footage being cut, the producers of the show managed to sneak in some existing Sasquatch-esque film of me cooking on The Manila Machine. Very cool, to say the least.

And if you missed the show, check out the video below. I’m featured at the 10:20 mark, but I urge everyone to watch the entire video to get a glimpse into the lives of the four different Filipino food bloggers. The video is all in Tagalog, btw, and because my Tagalog is spotty at best, I can only assume nice things were said about me;)

Many thanks to the kind folks at GMA, KMJS, as well as to MarketMan!

• Edik January 17, 2011, 4:29 pm

congratulations! it is about time that you should be featured in filipino programs here in our country.
    one down and more to go.

• Tracey@Tangled Noodle January 17, 2011, 5:13 pm

I actually got to watch it when it aired on Saturday on GMA! My ability to listen to tagalog is much better than my ability to actually speak it, so I can assure you that only the nicest things were said about you. It was great to see the faces behind the blogs!
    (P.S. Gotta love Jessica Soho’s narrative delivery!)

• Aileen January 17, 2011, 6:10 pm

Love it! Congratulations to all and keep rocking the food blogging world…whether Tagalog-speaking or not 😉

• Lala January 17, 2011, 8:29 pm

that’s awesome! congrats. so glad all your hard work is seen all over the world on tv!
    can you please drive that Manila Machine all the way to Canada, please and thank you :)

• Lori January 17, 2011, 10:16 pm

Hi Marvin,
    I agree with Lala. Please drive your Manila Machine all the way to Canada and on to Manila. I can assure you that you’ll be more than inundated. :p
    Consider me a fan.

• Princess Sevilla January 19, 2011, 5:31 pm

. . when I saw last Saturday the show,, that was the first time i heard about food blogging. . i was curious with that ‘job’,, (shall i say that way) honestly, i really like foods. .

• Olive January 24, 2011, 5:06 am

Thanks for posting, I enjoyed watching it! Congratulations to you and the other food bloggers featured! :)

• Gizelle January 26, 2011, 2:17 pm

Congratulations! she said that although you haven’t been to the Philippines yet (which surprised me) your parents has instilled in you the love of Pinoy food…Manila Machine-a mobile restaurant is your brainchild and all due to your great affection for pinoy food (something to that effect). Anyway, yes…those were all praises!

• caninecologne January 27, 2011, 7:54 pm

Congrats Marvin!!!!!! You’re one of my fave Pinoy bloggers!

• Hungry Husband January 30, 2011, 7:24 pm

I wasn’t able to watch this episode but I’m equally glad to have seen a feature of The Manila Machine in a news segment of a rival network – TV Patrol. Congrats to your awesomeness!

• joey January 31, 2011, 8:16 pm

Congratulations on the feature! I’ve always believed that you are doing a great service to our cuisine by bringing it to a wider audience and showing the world how good it can be :) Bravo to you Marvin…keep doing what you are doing!! And I also throw in my vote for you to drive that Manila Machine of yours over here! :)

• P. Cook June 5, 2011, 12:26 am

Oh wow. I am a great fan of Kapuso Mo and I congratulate you for landing a feature spot on it along with the best of the best Market Man. I wish one day I’d get that once in a lifetime chance too. :)

• Ariel October 13, 2011, 1:33 am

Wow nice surprises about Food bloggers. Congrats.
    I have also blogs to my site.
    Visit http://chat.ph this is the live chat software.

• restaurants in Laguna Philippines April 26, 2012, 3:00 am

I know a lot of food filipino bloggers who blog different delicacies from different part of the Philippines. They are really awesome.
    Alvin

• how to cook filipino pinakbet August 13, 2012, 4:27 pm

Thanks for sharing. Honestly I have been into cooking lately and I really love to cook, its my passion and I want to learn more new recipes to cook.

• orion hotel December 20, 2012, 6:50 pm

good day !
    where from the orion hotel
    we are offering sponsorship for a blogger here in the philippines .
    if youre going to conduct food expo or some exhibit .. you can call us o you can email us .
    thank you . hoping for your response .